Steps for Enrollment - Admissions and Records
- Who May Apply
- Student Success and Support Program
- New/Former Students
- Continuing Students
- Kindergarten-12th Grade Admission
- Special Admission
- Special Registration
All persons 18 years of age or older are eligible for admission to Ohlone College as a California resident or non-resident. Anyone under 18 years of age who is a high school graduate or has been awarded a GED or California High School Proficiency Certificate may also enroll.
Students under 18 years of age are expected to provide the information pertaining to parents on the Application for Admission. They must also submit proof of high school graduation or equivalent (Certificate of Proficiency or GED).
The intent of the Student Success and Support Program is to increase student access and success through the provision of core support services, including:
- assessment and placement,
- education planning services
- and follow-up for at-risk students
All new students are expected to participate in each of the components unless they:
- have earned a college degree (associate degree or higher);
- are enrolled in Kindergarten-12th grade while taking Ohlone College courses.
- are enrolling solely to take a course legally mandated for employment or necessary to meet changed industry or licensure standards;
- are enrolling for a reason other than career development or advancement; transfer; earning a degree or certificate; or completing a Basic Skills or ESL course sequence.
- are enrolling only in Summer classes.
Get information about exemptions from Orientation or other Student Success requirements on the New Student Orientation website.